Ask Congress to Include Aging Services Relief in Next COVID-19 Relief Bill
On April 14, 2020 by Libbie Chapuran
Congress is working on the next COVID-19 relief bill. Contact our senators and your representative to tell them to include this funding and critical resources for aging services providers:
- Priority access to PPE and testing, without which our residents, clients, and staff continue to be at significant and avoidable risk.
- $100 billion for aging and disability service providers to cover additional costs for PPE, cleaning supplies, staffing, and other needs associated with coronavirus.
- Funding that enables aging services providers to expand their capabilities by becoming extended or step-down entities.
- A 5% Increase in Medicare reimbursement rates to cover added compensation for staff.
- Grants to support Medicaid HCBS providers, including adult day, to strengthen care and services in the home for vulnerable older persons and persons with disabilities.
- $2.2 billion for rent and staffing supports, service coordinators, telehealth capability, and other assistance for older adults in affordable housing.
- Compensation for home health telehealth visits.
- An 8% Increase to the Federal Medical Assistance Program
Help us ensure Congress includes these needed resources in the next coronavirus legislation. Contact our elected officials today.