Potential Funds Available for Private Pay Assisted Living
On July 28, 2020 by Jeff Bostic
Relief funds for private-pay assisted living providers are under consideration by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
The distribution to private-pay assisted living is not fully confirmed, nor are details about how an allocation might be distributed. HHS has requested our assistance in gathering specific information on licensed residential senior living providers who are not included in either the Medicare or Medicaid distribution that has previously been implemented by HHS. Those providers are not going to be funded through this round and their information is already available to HHS through federal or state sources.
Providing HHS with this data is an important step forward and we appreciate your help in being responsive to their request. LeadingAge national is working with other national long-term care associations to create a secure data collection portal for you to submit information. We will share a link to the portal and instructions on how to submit your data as soon as possible. The deadline to submit data is July 31 at 4 p.m.
Organizations that offer licensed/registered/certified assisted living/memory care should start preparing the following:
- Name of licensed/registered/certified assisted living and/or memory care community
- Name of entity that holds the license/registration/certification
- Community license/registration/certification number (some states may not provide a number)
- Corresponding Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Taxpayer ID Number for the filing company
- Contact information for the person submitting data
- Include licensed assisted living that is part of a life plan community/CCRC—even if the skilled nursing facility associated has already received funding from the Provider Relief Fund.
Questions? Contact Nicole Fallon from LeadingAge national at: email@example.com.