HCBS Educational Scholarship for 2020 Now Open
On August 6, 2019 by Jenna Kellerman
The Minnesota Department of Health is soliciting grant proposals from providers of adult day care, home care, and housing with services to provide educational scholarships for their employees. Find the HCBS Program detail, application, and forms here.
Due in part to our advocacy during the 2017 legislative session for additional funding for this program, there is approximately $1,450,000 available to distribute. The estimated award range is $15,000 - $100,000.
Grants will run for 24 months, starting on Jan. 2, 2020 and ending Dec. 31, 2021. Applications are due by Friday, Sept. 27.
If you are interested in educational resources that qualify for these funds, review this suggested resource list. Please know that this list is not exhaustive, and other programs may be eligible. Education that has received funding in the past includes:
- Nursing school
- Nursing Assistant Training
- Trained Medication Aide Training
- Dementia care training (beyond requirements)
- Dietary management
- Activity professional certification
- Social work degree
- Conference and professional development opportunities
- Therapy staff specialty certifications
- ServSafe training
- Antibiotic Stewardship Training
- Wound Care Certification
- And more!