COVID-19: Resource Round-Up
On March 17, 2020 by Jodi Boyne
We know guidance, recommendations and resources on COVID-19 are coming at you from a multitude of directions and that you are being flooded with minute-by-minute news updates on this virus. What follows is a quick recap of information you may find helpful this week as you combat COVID-19:
Decision Trees/Process Flowcharts
We have developed three decision trees/process flow charts to help you prevent and screen for COVID-19:
- Manage staff screening
- Potential resident COVID-19 cases
- Screen all individuals who enter your setting
These resources can also be found at www.leadingagemn.org/coronavirus.
Guidance: Communal Dining and Admissions
Read guidance on Communal Dining based on recommendations from CMS.
LeadingAge MN Communication Resources
Access toolkits to help keep residents, families and staff informed on COVID-19, visitation restrictions in your setting, whether you need to suspend programming for your adult day center, and whether your setting has a presumptive or confirmed case. Find them under Communications on our Coronavirus web page.
Best Ways to Stay Up-to-Date
- MDH Coronavirus Disease 2019 Website:Your official state resource for situation updates, strategies to slow the spread of COVID-19, information specifically for health care providers, and materials and resources to share with residents and families. MDH is continually updating this website as new information, tools and resources are available.
- CDC Coronavirus Website: The CDC continues to update this website with latest updates, prevention resources including those specific to older adults, information for healthcare professionals and resources for the community.
- CMS COVID-19 Partner Online Toolkit: CMS has developed a toolkit to help you stay informed on CMS and HHS materials available on the COVID-19. It contains sections with links specific to different settings and to people serving various groups, e.g., if you are in a care setting, if you are a clinician, or if you work with Medicare beneficiaries. The page will be updated as new tools and resources are available.
- LeadingAge MN Website: We're posting guidance, resources and tools to our dedicated Coronavirus webpage as they are developed. We will update our information and posted new resources and tools as new information, recommendations and guidance are announced.