CMS Awards QIO-QIN Contract to Superior Health Quality Alliance
On November 26, 2019 by Jodi Boyne
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently awarded a five-year contract to Superior Health Quality Alliance (Superior Health) to serve as a Quality Innovation Network – Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) in Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin.
QIN-QIOs provide targeted assistance to nursing homes and communities in small and rural practices, those serving the most vulnerable populations, and those in need of customized quality improvement. Focuses will include:
- Improving Behavioral Health Outcomes – Including Opioid Misuse
- Increasing Patient Safety
- Increasing Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Increasing the Quality of Care Transitions
- Improving Nursing Home Quality
Superior Health is an alliance of eight organizations, including Stratis Health and the Minnesota Hospital Association.