Call for Nominations – 2019 CHAIN Award for Excellence
On June 18, 2019 by Sue Boyd
Are you doing great work to reduce the incidence of healthcare-associated infections or combat antibiotic resistance? If so, CHAIN would like to hear about it and recognize your excellent work with its 2019 Award of Excellence. Examples of great work include:
- Involving patients or residents and their families in your work to reduce healthcare-associated infections or enhance antibiotic stewardship
- Launching an antibiotic stewardship program, with early successes to share
- Ramping up your infection control program by enhancing surveillance, improving testing practices, or finding creative ways to promote best practices for prevention
- Establishing a team focused on this work either within your facility or across settings of care
- Developing a new protocol or resource to support staff
The 2019 CHAIN Award for Excellence commends infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship efforts of health care teams working hard to build a safer health care environment in both hospitals and long-term care settings. Award winners will be recognized on Sept. 27 at the APIC Minnesota Conference. A virtual presentation regarding the award winners' essential contributions to patient safety and quality of care will be scheduled at a later date.
Submitting a Nomination
Strong nominations will describe the full project lifecycle and specific strategies tested through the intervention, highlight the ways in which multidisciplinary staff were engaged in the project, and provide both process and outcome measures demonstrating the tangible impact of their improvement work. Visit the CHAIN award webpage for links to nominations from past winners. Access the nomination form here. Submissions will be accepted through Aug. 2.
Contact Kristi Wergin, 952-853-8561or firstname.lastname@example.org.