FluSafe: Help Protect Residents from Flu
On October 1, 2019 by Sue Boyd
21 LeadingAge Minnesota members were recently recognized for their commitment to protecting patient and resident health through high flu vaccination rates among health care personnel. Care centers across Minnesota can take proactive measures to protect the people you serve from the flu by enrolling in FluSafe.
Congratulations to the following LeadingAge MN members for achieving 90% or higher flu vaccination rates among health care personnel and reporting on work to address a barrier to vaccination in the 2018-19 season:
- Avera Morningside Heights Care Center
- Catholic Eldercare
- CentraCare Health Melrose Long-Term Care
- CentraCare Health Monticello Care Center
- CentraCare Paynesville Long-Term Care
- CentraCare Health Sauk Center Long-Term Care
- Colonial Manor Nursing Homes
- Essentia Health Oak Crossing - Detroit Lakes
- Fairway View Senior Community
- Ecumen Pathstone Living
- Lake Ridge Care Center
- Lakewood Health System Care Center
- Lyngblomstem Care Center
- Madison Healthcare Services
- McIntosh Senior Living
- Mille Lacs Health System Long-Term Care
- Park View Care Center
- Perham Living
- Sacred Heart Care Center
- Sauer Health Care
- St. Crispin Living Community
Register Now for FluSafe 2019-2020
FluSafe is a Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) program. Care centers interested in participating in this year’s FluSafe program should visit FluSafe to register by Nov. 1.
Participating care centers will select a barrier to health care personnel influenza vaccination during registration to address throughout the season. You will then track vaccinations in the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection. At the end of the season, you will confirm your influenza vaccination rate and report how you worked to address your selected barrier.
MDH will recognize care centers that achieve vaccination rates of 90% or above and report on the work they did to address their selected barriers.