Candidates for Election to the LeadingAge Minnesota Board of Directors Announced
On September 2, 2020 by Gayle Kvenvold
The LeadingAge Minnesota Nominating Committee has finalized its slate of candidates for election and/or re-election as officers and directors-at-large on the Board of Directors.
Elections will take place during the 2020 Annual Business Meeting, to be held virtually on Thursday, September 17, 2020 from 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. All voting members will have received a separate email with information about the Annual Business Meeting.
Standing for election this year for board officers are:
- Erin Hilligan for Chair, Vice President of Operations, Ebenezer; Erin has served the past two years as LeadingAge Minnesota’s Chair-elect;
- Barb Klick for Chair-elect, CEO, Sholom; Barb has served the past two years as Secretary/Treasurer of LeadingAge Minnesota;
- Jerry Carly for Secretary/Treasurer, President/CEO, Benedictine; Jerry has served as Director on the LeadingAge Board of Directors since 2018.
Director- at- Large candidates include:
- Christine Bakke, Regional Director, St. Francis Health Services of Morris; Christine is eligible for her second, three-year term on the LeadingAge Board of Directors;
- Gail Skoglund, Regional Director of Adult Day; Cassia; Gail is eligible for a final, one-year term on the LeadingAge Board of Directors.
- Dustin Lee, President/CEO, Prairie Senior Cottages, LLC; Dustin is standing for election to his first, three-year term on the LeadingAge Minnesota Board of Directors.
Each year, the Nominating Committee also has the pleasure of identifying nominees for induction into Lifetime Honorary Membership in LeadingAge Minnesota. These are retired individuals who, over the course of their careers, have demonstrated exceptional contributions to our field and to our Association. This year there are two nominees for Lifetime Honorary Membership:
- Sandra Benson, who retired after years of service to the field, including Nursing Home Administrator and Vice President of Senior & Community Services, where she led the creation of Sanford Health’s WoodsEdge Senior Living Campus in Bemidji and also groundbreaking work at LeadingAge Minnesota on the Health Support Specialist program.
- Beth Deneau, who is retiring from her role as Chief Clinical Officer at Walker Methodist and a long career of contributions to the field and to LeadingAge.
For biographies of all the nominees, please click here.
An indication of the overall level of engagement of members in the governance of our Association is that there are always more members expressing an interest in Board service than there are open positions. Such was the case again this year and the Nominating Committee, chaired this year by Mark Anderson in his role as Immediate Past Chair of LeadingAge Minnesota, is grateful to all who came forward with an interest in service to the Association. And a thank you goes out from LeadingAge Minnesota to all the members of this year’s Nominating Committee for their essential work to identify such strong candidates for leadership and recognition; click here for a roster of Committee members.
Please contact Gayle Kvenvold with any questions you may have.